Welcome to the Boss Mom podcast! Today Dana and NJ are bringing you 30 jam packed minutes about business and life- this episode is full of pop culture references and they couldn't stop laughing. We hope you have as much fun listening as we did recording. Let's dive right in.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast on iTunes.
In this episode we talk about:
- East Cost vs West Coast jazz hands
- Why NJ doesn't understand the current lingo
- What NJ has to say about 50 Shades of Grey
- Why it is important to think about your business cycle in seasons.
- Season of uncertainty and how to handle things when there is something out of your control.
- A defining moment in Dana's life.
- Why it matters to work with people you enjoy.
Pop culture party hour references (affiliate links present)
Can I quote you on that?
- What is a bae? -NJ
- I feel like I'm on one of those Buzz Feed grandmas. -NJ
- I need to not be in public while I'm reading this. - Dana
- We do not endorse non consensual reading. We do not endorse it. NJ
- Is there a happy medium where you can be consensually manipulative? - Dana
- Everything on my plate has a deadline for a reason. I have to push because it would cost me money and stress to move those dates. - Dana
- I have a hard time not working. - Dana
- I'm finishing up a season of striving and stretching to get all of my responsibilities done and get my home unpacked so my family feels cozy and settled in their new space. - NJ
- I had an idea of what was going to happen, but there were some things out of my control. I could see most of the big picture, but there were four puzzle pieces out of my control I had no choice but to wait and see. - NJ
- If it isn't working, stop and reassess to see if you need to try something new. - Dana
- If you are in a season of waiting, my best advice is to hold your cards really close. Find a few people to you really trust and tell them what is going on. It just feels better to let it out. - NJ
- Amazing things can happen just by letting it out. - Dana
- I do think you're crazy, but I'm crazy about you. - NJ
- I don't know why Frozen is like crack for kids. - Dana
- I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I don't care. I'm owning my biscuits. -NJ
- Grandma thinks that they've ripened very well. -NJ
- I have a secret crush on The Flash. - Dana
- I hustle hard. 90% of the time, I'm hustling hard- either for my clients or my kids. -NJ
- Boss Moms... we work hard, we hustle hard, and I think we should get to play hard too. - NJ
- I heart your face, all the heart eyes. NJ