Progressing Through Your Life & Career with Emily Kapit . In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Emily gives insight into her career coaching program, finding your passions and her Boss Mom journey. Sponsored by Quiet Mind Collective.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Emily created a career coaching program as a start to her boss mom journey.
- What she did to figure out her maternity leave as a small business owner.
- The biggest surprise Emily had after she had her daughter.
- How Emily helps others find what they enjoy doing and how she supports them.
- Hearing the truth from someone else and how that is impactful.
- Her Huffington Post blog post "A Letter to my Daughter."
- How she left corporate world because she wanted something that was inspirational in her life.
- Recommendations on networking.
- Learning to say no.
Our Podcast Sponsor: Quiet Mind Collective
Quiet Mind Collective is a membership program where you can learn anxiety and stress management techniques in a safe, online space. Stress, burnout, anxiety, panic... most entrepreneurs experience it, but when the feelings continue for days or weeks, there are unexpected consequences.
The Quiet Mind Collective is like a gym membership for your emotions. Whether you've conquered anxiety for the time being, whether you want to use this as a supplement to your own professional counseling, or whether you merely want more information about anxiety and stress, the membership is right for you.
Try the Quiet Mind Collective for $1 for your first month using code onedollarbossmom.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- We like to help our clients figure out what they really like to do and enjoy in their job. - Emily
- We allow people to take a step to work to identify what to make them happiest in their job. - Emily
- I prepared the business so it allowed me to have the baby and build the business at the same time. - Emily
- My team has a lot of parents on it and we understand each other in that aspect. - Emily
- My husband and I have had to carve out time together because that's really important. - Emily
- What was interesting for me was my evolution, and then I helped others with their evolution. - Emily
- It's fine to be pretty, it's better to be smart, it's best to be hard working. - Emily
- You can find your village even if you've never met those people in real life. - Emily
- Raising businesses and babies require a work and home support team! - Emily
More about our guest, Emily Kapit.
Emily Kapit, MS, MRW, ACRW, CPRW – one of the world's only triple certified Master Resume Writers – is the founder, lead writer, and head career strategist at ReFresh Your Step, LLC, a career advisory firm based in Miami, Florida, with clients located nationally and internationally. She and her team of highly certified writers and career advisors have work extensively with clients on all facets of their career progression, including resumes/cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, job search strategies, mock interviews, career guidance, and more.
Emily believes that a key to career excellence – regardless of one's, level, sector, background or goals – is implementing a "Consistency of Excellence" approach to one's job search. To that end, she and her team collaborate with each client on identifying his or her unique career values, accomplishments to-date, and transferable skills before translating this info into powerful professional documents and job search strategies.
When not helming the ReFresh Your Step ship, Emily can be found in and around the beaches of Miami with her husband while showing their young daughter the beauty of life and living life every day with purpose.
Emily is available for speaking engagements, training seminars, and work with both private clients and corporations. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit her website at www.refreshyourstep.com.
Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.