In this episode you hear:
- Amy's journey from working as a top producer in Australia to becoming a Boss Mom.
- How Amy's own search for mindfulness influenced her blog.
- How a pregnancy complication served as the catalyst to change in her life.
- The judgement factor all moms go through and how to over come it.
- The importance is having a tribe and give and take in relationships.
- The importance of self care and mindfulness in motherhood and business.
Recommended links and resources:
Happy Mama: A Guide To Finding Yourself Again
- The book is my journey to becoming a Happy Mama. It focus on the six key areas to be a happy mama- kindness, strength, trust, grace, value, and mindfulness/connection. We do a lot of work on parenting, but we don't learn how to be a woman while we're mothering. This book is about finding yourself again.
Can I quote you on that?
- My daughter is one of my biggest teachers. - Amy
- When I was struggling with motherhood, the mommy blog scene was just starting. I needed more than this sucks, I need 3:00 pm wine. - Amy
- When I tapped into the idea that we don't have to put ourselves on hold, my blog started to really grow. I found my niche and voice. It flowed out of me and grew overnight. - Amy
- I decided I wasn't going to be all, my dreams had changed. I wanted to talk to moms about how to mums about how they could have real balance in their lives. - Amy
- I love to help women see the joy in the struggle of motherhood. - Amy
- I think there is a great power in women doing great things together. - Amy
- You can be a great mom, even when you're making different decisions that other moms are making about the same topic. - Dana
- You are the perfect mother for your children. No doubt about it. - Amy
- The more you surround yourself with community, the more every aspect of your life and business will grow and flourish. - Dana
- We need to surround ourselves with people who are not only taking, but also giving. It needs to be an equal relationship. - Amy
- The training wheels of my life fall off in all areas (motherhood and business) when I don't allow time and space for myself. - Amy
- In an ideal world, I get up a half hour to an hour before my kids do. I putter around, drink my coffee, open up the curtains and have a beautiful start to the day. It doesn't always happen, but it makes me so happy when it does. - Amy
- Moments of self care can come in pockets of time. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just stop and reconnect to yourself, what you're doing, and why you're doing it. - Amy
- In order to be mindful, you have to slow down. - Dana
- If we're not careful, we can be in business brain 24/7 and that leads to overwhelm. - Amy
- The more I invest in self care and myself, the more my business seems to do better. Because when I do step back into it, I'm refreshed, ready and full of great ideas. - Amy
- Someone recently asked me the best business investment I ever made. I told them that it was a program that helped me learn how to meditate and clear my energy. It was exactly what I needed to gain balance in my life. - Amy
- We think of ourselves and our business of being separate. But they're not. They're both our babies. - Dana
- You are an instrument that needs to be nourished. - Amy
- Your greatest asset in your business is you. YOU have to invest in yourself. - Amy