Susan Noble joins Dana for this episode of the Boss Mom podcast where they chat about starting non-profits, teaching your kids how to become a cheerful giver, and the art of losing self doubt.
In this episode you'll hear:
- Susan's path to starting her non profit and how her friends and family influenced her.
- Why Susan believes in the power of slow sustained growth.
- All about Susan's mission to give families the resources they need.
- Why Susan feels strongly about where the dollars her foundation raises stays within the community.
- How to start a non profit successfully and why it is super important to know the state and federal guidelines.
- How to encourage your child to be a generous giver.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Finding support for my family gave me the biggest push. The resources weren't available. So I started something. - Susan
- You're going to have challenges, you're going to have hurdles, you're going to have people who don't like what you're doing. Take it slow and regroup as you need to. - Susan
- Make your organization stand out from the others- there are a lot of great organizations out there. Be different, even if someone is doing the same thing as you. - Susan
- I'm doing what I do because I love it. And because I feel called to it. - Susan
- You all have a talent, you just have to find it and run with it. Don't let the negative Nelly's stand in your way. - Susan
- When you have the love in your heart to do something, you'll find the time to make everything happen. - Susan
- If you don't take care of yourself, your business will suffer. Self care is so important. - Susan
- When you get discouraged, go back to the vision of why you started in the first place. - Susan
Here's a little bit about Susan in her own words:
Hi! My name is Susan, owner creative director behind Blessed Events-The Gift of Giving and founder of the Epilepsy Warriors Foundation. As a small child, I was always organizing things from my dolls to anything I could think of. There is nothing I enjoy more in life than organizing and planning a good party. As the founder of a non-profit for children and families that suffer from epilepsy and seizures, I am always thinking what can I do to raise funding for the foundation in order to assist us in reaching our goals and that is when the planning side of me started whispering in my ear.
I have always made a big deal out of birthdays for the kids in my own family, and for friends so I thought why not take another job you love and make it into a business that can support your cause and so after talking it over with a few of my closest friends and my favorite little munchkins Blessed Events-The Gift of Giving was born. It’s through the innocence and sweetness of those children who brighten and inspire me and give me reasons to celebrate.
I can’t think of a better way to honor all children than by a sweet celebration of the true gift and blessing they are to their parents, family, and friends. Blessed Events-The Gift of Giving will make your child’s birthday or parties magical and memorable because there is always a reason to celebrate the special moments of a child.
When I am not planning parties or working on foundation business I enjoy time with friends, baking, doing lots of fun things with some of my favorite little people, reading, long walks and time spent with those who mean the most to me.
For more information on the Epilepsy Warriors Foundation go to www.epilepsywarriors.org
Connect with Dana:
Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.