How to Become a Writer Entrepreneur with Alexa Bigwarfe. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Alexa gives her diverse history and how she has found a niche in writing after experiencing a personal family loss. She also shares about her upcoming entrepreneurial summit.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Alexa shares her story of childhood, motherhood and her multiple careers.
- After going through a trial, Alexa started blogging as a way to advocate for a cause. She then went on to author or co-author six books.
- A military veteran, Alexa shares how that influences her story as an entrepreneur.
- Dana and Alexa talk about being present with their kids and working at the same time.
- Alexa shares her view of balance and handling overwhelm.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I didn’t just quit my job and decide to be an author, I experienced something that knocked me off my rocker and I started my blog to bring awareness. – Alexa
- The underlying pursuit of our passions is to build a foundation where we are present with our kids. – Dana
- As much as I love working, I love being present with my kids. – Alexa
- Being a Boss Mom is not about finding balance, it is about give and take. – Alexa
- There is something so refreshing about completely unplugging. – Alexa
- You are not a workaholic. You are a passionate entrepreneur. You are working for your dreams. – Dana
More about our guest, Alexa Bigwarfe.
Alexa Bigwarfe is a wife, mother, author, and writer entrepreneur. She has written and/or edited and self-published five books and published articles in over 30 parenting publications and online magazines. She now uses that hard earned writing, publishing, and business knowledge to support other writers at writepublishsell.co. She is also passionate about women's issues and working with other female entrepreneurs. Alexa loves encouraging women and mothers to take their passions and create an income to move toward their dream life. Additionally, she runs an online magazine for moms designed to encourage and uplift moms during the stress of the daily juggle at losethecape.com.
The link for the virtual conference: The Career Beyond Blog Summit: How to Become a Paid Influencer for Writers, Bloggers, and Entrepreneurs is http://careerbeyondblog.com.
Website / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.