Routines, Nannies, and letting go while still working hard with Melanie Duncan. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Melanie and Dana explore what it looks like to start a business and grow multi-million dollar companies. Sponsored by the delicious Prep Dish!
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Melanie started her businesses before her baby was born.
- Making strategic choices while pregnant and preparing for the baby.
- Prioritizing a business with having babies.
- Working after becoming a mother.
- Transitioning in business.
- Melanie's tips with handling overwhelm.
- Motivation from Melanie.
Our Podcast Sponsor:
Prepdish.com is a subscription based meal prep service. The creator of PrepDish, Allison, is a chef, nutritionist and registered dietitian.
There are two options for meals, gluten free and paleo. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After only 2 hours of prepping on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. You’ll save time and have amazingly delicious meals like Smoky Paprika Chicken Legs with Roasted Carrots, Parsnips & Fennel or Turkey & Zucchini Lasagna.
And, Allison is offering listeners a free 2-week trial to all Boss Moms. You can’t beat that. Check out PrepDish.com/bossmom for this amazing deal! For the free 2-week trial, use code Bossmom.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I wish I would have planned for my pregnancy more in my business. - Melanie
- I am making strategic choices for what I want my business to look like. - Melanie
- My daughter, as a baby, is not going to remember if I change every single poopy diaper. I don't think as a mom, you should ever feel guilty about taking time to take care of yourself! - Melanie
- 80% of the profits in our business are probably coming from 20% of our work. - Melanie
- I created the programs I wished I had when I got started in entrepreneurship. - Melanie
- In building a brand, I had to realize how to foster relationships and trust in people. - Melanie
- The brand showcases all the things I can do because I've built my business. - Melanie
- It's important to surround yourself with people doing bigger and better things in life. - Melanie
- What are the core things in my business? If I stray from those, I will experience overwhelm. - Melanie
- Give yourself grace and gratitude at the beginning and end of the day. - Dana
- It's good to have something specific in life and business to keep you motivated. - Melanie
- Give yourself grace as both a mother and an entrepreneur, and know that's enough. - Melanie
More about our guest, Melanie Duncan.
Melanie Duncan's diverse and comprehensive background is what sets her apart and provides a solid foundation in all that she do. Over the last several years, she have started multi-million dollar businesses in a variety of industries from fashion and home decor to online education. Because of this she is able to guide entrepreneurs towards growth in all kinds of industries from a place of practical, real life experience - and get people BIG results.
To find out more about Melanie, visit her website.
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.