Tips On How To Have An Engaged Facebook Page + Being A Boss Grandma with Sasha Grey. Sasha Grey leads an amazing Facebook community on her page, Lipstick Margaritas And Hairspray. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, she shares her tips on keeping it real on Facebook and what it is like to be a Boss Grandma.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Sasha's Boss Mom journey, which includes raising her granddaughter, supporting her husband who travels for work, and caring for her ailing father.
- How Sasha grew an engaged Facebook community and the unique way Sasha views her Facebook community.
- Sasha's Facebook Strategy (including how often she schedules content for her page).
- How Sasha deals with overwhelm.
- Why Sasha is okay with not doing everything.
- Sasha records a video update for her Facebook page daily and she shares her tips for putting yourself out there online.
- Why Sasha ships all of her products personally instead of outsourcing it.
- The one product that Sasha sells that changes lives everyday.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I was doing motivational speaking, but I had a lot of thoughts that weren't motivational. They were about margaritas.- Sasha
- My goal is to make people laugh and smile. - Sasha
- I believe strongly that people want to know you. If you're not personal, they feel like you're a corporation. I let my Facebook community know that I'm just like them. - Sasha
- My Facebook community feels like my family and friends. I see them and they see me. We've made a connection. - Sasha
- When I have my plate full, I focus on just what I need to get done today. I focus on the right now. - Sasha
- Give yourself permission to not make everything happen. Sometimes, you just need to give yourself a break. - Sasha
- Do what the priority is for you. Own it and enjoy it. - Dana
- I've come to a point in my life where I don't care what people think. - Sasha
More about our guest, Sasha Grey.
Sasha Gray is a redneck, barefoot, rum and tequila drinking Southern Belle. She's still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up but knows that anything involving Margaritas is a top choice.
Raising a granddaughter, caring for a father who lives in her yard and making sure her husband has clean underwear for all his travels keeps her pretty busy, but she still has time to scope out recipes she'll never make on Pinterest, answer comments from friends on Facebook and pretend she knows what she's talking about at the occasional business meeting. You can find her on Social Media as Lipstick, Margaritas, and Hairspray and she has had her work published in Club Mid and Stir Journal.
Sasha is also a contributing author to the book Lose the Cape: Never will I ever (and then I had kids), which was edited by fellow Boss Mom Alexa Bigwarfe and her business partner Kerry Rivera.
Website / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.