Creating freedom through structure with Gillian Perkins. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Gillian shares her Boss Mom story, how she let go of the clutter so she could focus on what really mattered and how she said goodbye to the things she didn't need... books, dishes, clothes, and junk.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Gillian's Boss Mom story.
- Gillian started teaching piano lessons nine years ago, through her business Northwest School of Music.
- The story of Gillian's new book Sorted: Structure Through Freedom.
- How Gillian spends half an hour on housework a day.
- How to break down chores into manageable pieces.
- Creating routines with kids at home.
- How to write a book and different tools available to help authors.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- We found out while living in a tiny apartment with less stuff, we were happier. - Gillian
- Everyone can take the time to organize. - Gillian
- I stopped trying to make things an hour long process, I break them down into little steps. - Dana
- It's about getting rid of the things that aren't adding value to your life. - Gillian
- Reorganize until being clean is easy. - Dana
More about our guest, Gillian Perkins.
Gillian Perkins is a mom, successful entrepreneur, and dynamic business woman. She is a prolific content creator and private consultant who enjoys helping others develop order and discover balance in life. Gillian is the founder and executive director of Northwest School of Music. She lives in beautiful, green Oregon with her husband and two young children.
Website / Facebook / Blog
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.