Building Your Home from the Inside Out with Kelsey Van Kirk. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Kelsey shares encouragement for wives, mothers and entrepreneurs as she shares her passion for developing the home loving wife.
Listen to the episode:
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/bossmom/Episode208620-20Jessica20S.mp3" title="Episode 89: Building Your Home from the Inside Out with Kelsey Van Kirk"]
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Kelsey's boss mom story.
- How Kelsey created her Home Loving Wife business.
- Why she has grown a niche with her own personality.
- Kelsey's passion of encouraging others in the life they live.
- How Kelsey deals with overwhelm.
- Narrowing down your focus.
- The tools and systems Kelsey uses to run her household.
THEIT creates camera bags for photographers that value both style and substance. With designs that aim to capture classic modernity with a sense of playfulness, this philosophy exemplifies the essence of the THEIT customer: someone who is independent, inspired, and full of life, who cannot help but to capture the beauty in her world through the lens. An homage to the well-known fashion term “the it” bag, the brand represents more than the most coveted piece for the season, but a new wave of design enabling style, function and versatility for the fashion-minded photographer. Inspired by the runway and the streets, THEIT’s vision is to uphold a fashion standard that helps photographers live their dreams in style. Visit THEIT's website for more beautiful designs!
An awesome exclusive for Boss Moms! Discount code: LOVEBOSSMOMS20 - 20% Off!
Nicole Fajardo, founder and director of THEIT, conceptualized the idea while working as an international flight attendant based in Dubai. Years of experience working in management, marketing and visual design, and a vehement love for fashion took on a new life while she traveled the world and developed an interest in capturing the moments around her through the camera lens. This passion for photography led her to faraway locales, where she dined in Paris, shopped on the side streets of India, and daydreamed along the canals of Venice – the only thing that was missing from these jet-setting travels was a fashionable camera bag to protect her gear. A fruitless search sparked a dream and a vision, and THEIT was launched in 2010.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I knew I needed to create of inspiration and encouragement for wives, mothers and homemakers. - Kelsey
- In the season when it's important for me to be home with my kids, they are my top priority, but I wanted to marry my passions and my gifts, and to use them without leaving home. - Kelsey
- My desire is for any mom to feel comfortable coming to my website. - Kelsey
- I'm running my home and I feel empowered by it. - Dana
- I love to encourage and remind people they are the stars in their own lives. - Kelsey
- If I think about a home as a business, that makes it easier for me to relate to the job I'm doing and celebrate wins. - Dana
- Just because things are hard, it does not mean that they are not worth it. - Kelsey
- Giving myself the permission to say the things that need to be said, even if it makes me sound like a bad mom. - Kelsey
- I rely more on systems than tools to run my house. - Kelsey
- Once you've learned something, it increases your awareness and the more you practice, the better you get at it. - Kelsey
More about our guest, Kelsey Van Kirk.
Kelsey Van Kirk is a wife, mama to four princesses, domestic goddess extraordinaire and Founder of TheHomeLovingWife.com. When she’s not braiding hair, tying shoes or tackling endless mountains of laundry, she’s either catching up on sleep, binge-watching Netflix with her hubby or pouring her heart and soul into inspiring and equipping wives, moms and homemakers to flourish while living grace-filled lives they love!
The Home Loving Wife Sisterhood is Kelsey's FREE exclusive community for wives, moms and homemakers like YOU wanting to do life together while being inspired, encouraged and equipped to live grace-filled lives you love! You can learn more and request your invite at bit.ly/hlwsisterhood.
Frazzled to Focused is Kelsey’s FREE 5-day email challenge, created specifically to help overwhelmed, stressed-out wives and moms cut through their mental clutter and find some clarity amidst the everyday chaos that life brings! You can learn more and sign up at http://thehomelovingwife.com/frazzledtofocused.
Kelsey’s signature course, Project Reset, is re-opening for enrollment TODAY, July 21st and there is a killer fast action bonus going on if you enroll by Sunday, July 24th, so don’t miss out! Project Reset is a total life reset course that guides busy, overwhelmed wives and moms like YOU through a process of refreshing, rebalancing and revitalizing your life. You will get clear and confident in exactly who you are, what you were created to do, and how to pursue living the kind of life you want! The course is chock full of video lessons, interactive workbooks and you’ll have access to a private online support community to engage with other course members and Kelsey herself. There are also a limited number of spots available for one-on-one coaching if you’re looking for that extra boost of insight, support and guidance. You can find all the details and get enrolled at thehomelovingwife.com/projectreset!
Website / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter / Snapchat
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.