Part 2 Know Your Worth: When to Give Discounts. Dana and NJ discuss when to give discounts or free services to friends and clients who ask. They talk about when they decide if they want to work for free and how to react when someone asks. Here is part 1.
The audio on this episode is less than ideal, Dana was traveling and NJ had two year old Lola at home. Thanks so much for bearing with us!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Dana and NJ decide to work for free.
- When NJ sends her rates.
- Why people ask for digital skill freebies more often than physical products.
- One HUGE question to ask yourself.
- Why NJ needs to get her rear in gear and develop a business website.
- Why boundaries are important in giving away something for free.
- If you should consider your opt-in part of working for free.
- Why NJ is a social media grandma and all about how to use Snap Chat for business
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- My time is valuable and I'm providing for my family. I'm very unlikely to work for free. - NJ
- Free doesn't pay the mortgage. - NJ
- Working for free wasn't about paying my dues, it was about finding my sweet spot with clients. Dana
- My payments were in Aha! moments. Dana
- Information is one thing, helping someone execute is a completely different thing. Don't give that away for free. - Dana
- The struggle in the holding pattern is real. - NJ
- I know that I'm laying the foundation now. I can lay the foundation now, even though what I want to do can't take off yet. - NJ
- A plan is key. A plan lets you know if what you're doing on daily basis is going to move you forward. - NJ
- It is up to us to be good stewards of our time. Make sure what you're giving away is moving your business in some way. - NJ
- Know what your sweet spot is, but don't give EVERYTHING away. - Dana
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.