Bullying, Branding, and the Importance of Being You with Samantha Johnston. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Samantha shares the story of being a fighter through rough times in life which transformed her into a thriving mom and entrepreneur. The sponsor for this podcast is THEIT camera bag company.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Samantha's surprising journey to motherhood and entrepreneurship.
- Finding your sweet spot in your business.
- Her experience with bullying and how it shaped her.
- Having a tribe and community.
- Attracting dream clients.
- How Samantha deals with overwhelm.
- Seasons of business.
THEIT creates camera bags for photographers that value both style and substance. With designs that aim to capture classic modernity with a sense of playfulness, this philosophy exemplifies the essence of the THEIT customer: someone who is independent, inspired, and full of life, who cannot help but to capture the beauty in her world through the lens. An homage to the well-known fashion term “the it” bag, the brand represents more than the most coveted piece for the season, but a new wave of design enabling style, function and versatility for the fashion-minded photographer. Inspired by the runway and the streets, THEIT’s vision is to uphold a fashion standard that helps photographers live their dreams in style. Visit THEIT's website for more beautiful designs!
An awesome exclusive for Boss Moms! Discount code: LOVEBOSSMOMS20 - 20% Off!
Nicole Fajardo, founder and director of THEIT, conceptualized the idea while working as an international flight attendant based in Dubai. Years of experience working in management, marketing and visual design, and a vehement love for fashion took on a new life while she traveled the world and developed an interest in capturing the moments around her through the camera lens. This passion for photography led her to faraway locales, where she dined in Paris, shopped on the side streets of India, and daydreamed along the canals of Venice – the only thing that was missing from these jet-setting travels was a fashionable camera bag to protect her gear. A fruitless search sparked a dream and a vision, and THEIT was launched in 2010.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- When we find our cozy spot, we refine what we want and build on that. - Dana
- Finding your sweet spot, what you are passionate about and what people need, is what helps to build a brand that will thrive. - Samantha
- When people are themselves, that's when they stand out. - Samantha
- If you are yourself in your business, that's when you will find success. - Samantha
- Being in my tribe, gaining support and being more confident because of those people, has been amazing for my business. - Samantha
- Our tribes become selfless in promoting each other. - Dana
- When you are authentically you, you are able to build authentic relationships and those blossom. - Dana
- It's so hard to ask for help, but people are so willing to help. - Samantha
- We need to remember to have season of rest while we wait and nurture. - Samantha
- The more you are your authentic self, that builds brand loyalty. - Dana
More about our guest, Samantha Johnston.
Samantha is a brand developer to the creative and confused. Through coaching, strategy & design she helps her clients go from doubtful to decisive and create amazing stand out brands infused with their personality and style. What she loves most about working with her clients is watching them fall in love with their brands all over again.
Her adoring fans and clients have called her "Tinkerbell with a whip. Great accountability sprinkled with pixie dust", "[the] push outside my comfort zone" and "an incredible coach and friend."
When she's not working you can find her hanging out with her kids, dog and husband (most likely on a soccer field or at the park).
You can connect with Samantha at www.neapolitancreative.com and find out how you can build a brand that is fully YOU.
How amazing would it be to have a completely unique, stand out brand that attracts your dream clients by just being yourself? This is exactly what the BeYOUtifully branded program helps you to do. From coaching, copywriting and even DIY design, Samantha, Natalie & Illiah show you how you can create your dream brand without breaking the bank. We understand that in the beginning stages of business it's not easy to hire a coach, copywriter and designer, so we've brought the best of all 3 worlds into this amazing DIY program. Best of all, we even help you know what you need when you are ready to hire the pros. We've got you covered from beginning to end. Ready to build your dream brand? Come check us out at Beyoutifullybranded.com.
Website / Facebook / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.