Shifting Your Business Model with Jessica Stansberry. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Jessica shares how she's shifted her business direction to better serve her goals.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Jessica's Boss Mom journey, her multiple businesses and how she started her design business.
- How Jessica found the place where she started making money in her business.
- Where Jessica's gift is in the business world.
- Jessica's transition from doing the hands on work to coaching.
- An overview of Jessica's course offerings.
- The reasons for switching your direction in business.
- How Jessica handles having her kids at home and working at the same time.
- What building a business looks like for Jessica.
- How Jessica deals with overwhelm and being in a funk.
- Jessica's one thing that every business needs.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Forming or being part of a community has been super important to my business. - Jessica
- You (Jessica) are able to simplify so people can feel engaged with you. - Dana
- You have to think about what words you use to keep them from being jargon filled. - Jessica
- I started polling my audience to see what they want because that's really smart, and I found out what they wanted. - Jessica
- You have to create space and time in your business to do what you love and enjoy. - Dana
- I started my business to be at home with my kids. - Jessica
- I want to make enough money in my business so I have the opportunity to be with them when I want to be. - Dana
- We're building our business, not to be away from our kids, but because we are passionate about it, and so we can be with our kids in a way that makes sense to us. - Dana
- You can build your business and your job around what you want to do and where you want to travel. - Dana
- Have a babysitter for at least a few hours a week to have dedicated work hours. It's huge for mindset and productivity. - Jessica
- You need to have a blog that is relevant to what your ideal client is. - Jessica
- What are you inspiring people to do when you post an inspirational quote. - Dana
More about our guest, Jessica Stansberry.
Hi, I'm Jessica Stansberry, the tech guru for online entrepreneurs and the sassy southern half of the All Up in Your Lady Business podcast. I help business owners figure out the more technical parts of this world by teaching online courses, free lessons on my blog and one-on-one strategy sessions. Oh, and, I still design custom websites which is where my business started 5 years ago. When I'm not being a complete nerd, I'm either chasing my little boys or chasing chickens off of my porch on our family farm in North Carolina.
My "DIY Your Website" course which can be found here! http://www.jessicastansberry.com/diy
Website / Periscope / Instagram / Pinterest
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.