This is a Nurture Your Business segment with Dana. In today's podcast episode she talks about why she thinks the newsletter should die, what to do instead of writing a newsletter and she gives examples of how to follow through with her suggestions.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Traditional newsletters are a way of clumping everything together and sending it to your followers.
- Stop thinking your email list is one group of people.
- The people on your list is your community.
- When you send out a newsletter, assume they are all your groupies and want to hear from you.
- How to change the way you write your newsletter.
- Create a journey for people.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Flip your mindset about how you think of your newsletter. – Dana
- Your list is your community, who wants to hear from you. – Dana
- Your opt-out is the best thing that will happen to your newsletter. It’s making room for people who want to hear from you. – Dana
- When you write your newsletter, think of it as sitting down to coffee with a friend. – Dana
- Make a connection with your community through your newsletter. – Dana
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.