The Power Of SEO. SEO can be a powerful tool and if used well, it can make a ton of difference in our businesses. In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast Dana speaks with Charm Fernandez, an SEO specialist who gives us tons of great SEO advice in terms you can understand.
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Charm's Boss Mom journey, how it started in her childhood, and why she's still working full time in IT.
- The tension between working from home while having kids at home with a caregiver.
- How Charm manages overwhelm.
- SEO tips from Charm
- The power of Google Analytics
- How to make your popup work for you.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I'm still juggling my day job, my business, and my family. - Charm
- All that I do is for my kids. When I'm overwhelmed, I go back to what is the most important. It's my kids. - Charm
- Make sure your SEO key words are set up well, so people will find you in their search. It's like free marketing. - Charm
- If you're SEO is working, you'll be able to see it in Google Analytics.- Charm
- Your popup needs to be worthy of disturbing your readers. Otherwise, it won't work. Design, copy, and opt-in matters. - Charm
Connect with Dana & Charm
Charm Fernandez is a website strategist specializing in Data Analytics with a strong technical development background. Charm is proud to be Google Analytics Certified, an AmbitionAlly Certified Partner and a MINDBODY approved partner. Her formal education in the fields of Information Systems Management and Web Development help her bring a more cohesive approach to her work with clients.
Charm was hired as a full-time web developer when she was just 18 years old, and quickly became the team lead on projects. Since then, she's worked within information technology capacities such as hardware and software support, data and access security, mobility, software and data analytics for large and small clients.Today, Charm helps business owners develop their brand online, and use their website and company data to drive clients to their local or virtual businesses through sound traffic generation and optimization strategies.
Charm has a great freebie to give you called 5 Business Must Haves. You can grab it here.
If you're curious about how to make Google Analytics or SEO work for you, connect with her on her website. Or, you can be part of her Google Analytics Kick Starter program.
Connect with Dana on Instagram and Periscope
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.