What to share with your community (boundaries and responsibilities). In this episode, Dana and NJ give strategy and offer real life suggestions in interacting with community on Facebook. This show is sponsored by Holl and Lane Magazine.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Talking about issues in your community.
- Limiting boundaries in sharing within your communities.
- How to authentically grow your business in communities.
- Roles and responsibilities in sharing to your community.
- NJ shares real life roles in her own Facebook group.
- Creating a group that thrives.
- Dana gives her strategy for posting in Facebook groups.
- How social media is meant to be social.
Our Sponsor: Holl and Lane Magazine
Holl and Lane Magazine is more than a magazine. They are starting a movement for more honest media. Life isn't always perfect, and they're okay with that. They're focused on providing stories from real women about real life - the triumphs and the hardships. They want to let you know that you have a voice and a story. The mission behind their magazine is simple: each time you open up and share your story, you help someone feel less alone.
The magazine is published bimonthly. To get the discount to order issue 10, use the code bossmom at http://www.hollandlanemag.com/shop/.
To order a yearly subscription, use the code BossMomSubscribe at http://www.hollandlanemag.com/subscriptions/.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Know what your purpose is in being part of a community and let that drive you. - NJ
- There are women in the Boss Mom Facebook group who are growing their businesses by answering questions and being helpful. - Dana
- One of the core values of the Boss Mom group is to give more than you get. - NJ
- At some point in your community, there's no way you can be in the group all the time and help every person. - Dana
- If a daily prompt is important enough to the group owner, I want to take care to answer the question. - NJ
- If we focus on sharing and supporting in community, we feel like we're giving back. - Dana
- You never know when the thing you're sharing is the one thing that makes things work for someone. - Dana
- How does it make you feel when someone shows they are attentive? - Dana
Connect with Dana & NJ
Dana: Instagram / Boss Mom Facebook Community (her total happy place)
NJ : Website / Instagram (her total happy place)
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.