Being Boss & Being a Boss Mom with Kathleen Shannon from Being Boss. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, . Sponsored by the delicious Prep Dish! *This episode has explicit and non-kid friendly moments.*
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Kathleen doesn't feel like she doesn't fit the traditional "mom entrepreneur" mold.
- Being sexy and being mom.
- Being Boss Podcast with her sister.
- Having two businesses and one kid, and how to juggle.
- Planning an annual calendar.
- How Kathleen handles being in the midst of overwhelm.
- Kathleen's struggle with depression.
- Parenting and starting a new norm.
Our Podcast Sponsor: Prep Dish
Prepdish.com is a subscription based meal prep service. The creator of PrepDish, Allison, is a chef, nutritionist and registered dietitian.
There are two options for meals, gluten free and paleo. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After only 2 hours of prepping on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. You’ll save time and have amazingly delicious meals like Smoky Paprika Chicken Legs with Roasted Carrots, Parsnips & Fennel or Turkey & Zucchini Lasagna.
And, Allison is offering listeners a free 2-week trial to all Boss Moms. You can’t beat that. Check out PrepDish.com/bossmom for this amazing deal! For the free 2-week trial, use code Bossmom.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Getting a business partner is like getting into a marriage. - Kathleen
- We have a huge calendar where we map out promotions and plan our launches accordingly. - Kathleen
- When you have a business that is working, you have to grow and refine. - Dana
- Recognize what works for you and use that to your strength. - Dana
- It's a special type of woman who is a stay at home mom. - Dana
- I love my son watching me do what I do best, I'm excited for him to see me work and influence his future. - Kathleen
- I surround myself with women who are supportive and non-judgmental. - Kathleen
- Parenting is the same as entrepreneurship, it's all about decisions. - Dana
More about our guest, Kathleen Shannon.
Kathleen Shannon is co-founder of Braid Creative where she focuses on personal branding for creative entrepreneurs who blend work and life. Kathleen co-hosts the Being Boss podcast for creatives where she shares everything she knows about getting in the boss mindset, habits and routines, and living the boss life. When she's not recording a podcast or writing for her audience she is traveling all over the world looking for her next adventure, going on Pokemon hunts with her husband and kid, or working out in the boxing gym.
Being Boss / Braid Creative / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.