I'm popping the champagne and blowing horns because my book baby, Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro, is finally here! Today is the official launch and I couldn't be more excited. In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast, NJ and I answer everything you want to know about my book- from who I wrote for to what it was really like writing with a newborn and everything else in between.
Let's dive right in. *Affiliate links present in this post.*
But before we do, I want you to know that for the next two days there is a Boss Mom book celebration Instagram giveaway going on. Head here to grab all of the details on how to enter.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode we talk about:
- Dana’s new book, the Boss Mom book and who she wrote for.
- One thing that really surprised NJ about motherhood.
- Why Dana wasn’t afraid to chase one of her big goals in business while she was also pursuing a big goal within her family too.
- The people Dana pulled in to help her write her book and how Dana accomplished writing her book with a newborn in her arms.
- Why Dana wrote bonus content for the Boss Mom book and her favorite chapter.
- Nj’s daughter Lola’s 10 minute 3 push birth story
Recommended reading, links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I truly believe you can have a thriving family and a thriving business.-Dana
[Tweet "I truly believe you can have a thriving family and a thriving business. #bossmom"]
- We are constantly making sure that we’re the rock- that we moms are making sure everything is moving forward and working well. -Dana
- The Boss implies everything in our life and Mom is the foundation for us. -Dana
- We are more than just moms. -Dana
- Boss Moms… we’re dreamers and doers. -NJ
- Even women who choose to stay at home and take care of children exclusively are more than just a mom. They’ve got hobbies and passions, they’re creating too. -Dana
- Mom guilt 101: you let yourself be defined by someone else’s standards. - Dana
- Writing doesn’t scare me. - Dana
- It was more important for me to write the Boss Mom book than it would have ever been to write a book about content strategy. -Dana
- If you’re brainstorming and it seems easy, you’re not brainstorming enough. - Dana
- This book is life changing. It is going to blow your mind. -NJ
[Tweet "This book is life changing. It is going to blow your mind. #bossmom #BossMomBook"]
- When I get my paper copy of the Boss Mom book, I’m going to take my highlighter and get messy with it. -NJ
- Love is limitless. - Dana
- Now that I have a toddler, I realize how easy having a baby is. -Dana
- If you’re looking for support, advice, or encouragement, the Boss Mom book is going to call out the gold and reinforce pieces of yourself you might have forgotten about. -NJ
- Our job isn’t to stop our lives and raise our kids, our job as a mother is to raise our kids to see how amazing life can be. - Dana
- The hardest part of my book to write was the gratitude page. I had to narrow it down from 5 pages! - Dana
Things Making Us Happy:
- The completion and launch of the Boss Mom Book.
- She’s going to Disneyland on Friday.
- Dana has created margin in her business so she can make Christmas crafts in December.
- Bonus: Christmas To Me by Pentatonix
- LulaRoe Mommy & Me Leggings.
- Trello - “It’s like if your to do list and Pinterest had a baby.”
- Thanksgiving is next week!
- Bonus: Roasted root vegetable soup with duck confit and artisan garlic bread by her friend Mike.
Connect with Dana & NJ
Dana: Instagram / Periscope
NJ : Website / Instagram