Keturah Gordon is a life-coach, blogger and seminar leader who helps people who feel ‘stuck’ and exhausted to find the confidence to live the life they’ve always dreamed about. Keturah uses the word ‘Trapped’ to describe how she used to feel but now, as a Boss Mom, her life is truly transformed. Her business is aptly named Trapped to Transformed.
After going through an unhappy marriage, a messy divorce, battling depression and experiencing the trauma of losing her hair due to stress, all alongside being a mother to two young boys and progressing in her career to the level of a High School Deputy Head, Keturah has decided to take a step back from her 10–year teaching career in order to build a business that helps people reconnect with their true calling and live a life of true happiness and fulfillment.
Keturah offers practical support that helps women (and men) avoid becoming overwhelmed at work a+ nd at home, or simply helps those who want to take their lives in a different direction. Through her free women’s seminars, Keturah provides a place where women can connect and inspire each other as they embrace the knowledge that the perfect parent, or woman, does not exist - (should we repeat that??) everybody is just doing the best they can! No matter what the situation, there is always a way out - she helps her clients to find it, go after it, and learn to love and trust themselves more along the way.
In this episode Keturah and Dana talk about self discovery and transformation. This episode is full of so much wisdom. Let's dive right in.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to The Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode we talk about:
- The core of why Boss Moms start businesses in the first place.
- Keturah’s journey to becoming a Boss Mom and how getting divorced played a role in it.
- A defining moment when Keturah realized self care was more important than she thought it was.
- Authentic living and why it matters to be who you are.
- How women can transform their lives when they want more from life through the acronym C.H.A.N.G.E. (Keturah gives a great overview of the C.H.A.N.G.E program she takes her clients through).
- Why it is important for women to establish their WHY.
- How to work through judging other women gracefully.
Recommended reading, links, and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- As moms and and entrepreneurs we are creating a business and a life to fit a need or solve a problem. Sometimes that need is that we need freedom and want to love what we’re doing. - Dana
- The journey of where I started (my business) came from not a really good place, if I’m really honest. - Keturah
- Women have a very powerful instinct and amazing intuition. -Keturah
- My strength and confidence grew when I stopped trying to hide it. - Keturah
- If we allow ourselves to be who we actually are, it’s really powerful. -Keturah
- Youi’re really amazing, just as YOU ARE. - Keturah
- Life has taught me that it’s okay to just be yourself. -Keturah
- What thought patterns do you have going on that are holding you back? -Keturah
- If you could really do anything, what would you do? - Keturah
- If you’re going to change things up, you’ve got to have a reason to change it. Establish your why. -Keturah
[Tweet "If you're going to change things up, you've got to have a reason. Establish your why. @KeturahGordon"]
- If you’re going to do something, go at it with 100%. -Keturah
- If you release the expectations you have of yourself, you’ll find that you can start focusing on the expectations you have for yourself. -Keturah
- You have whatever it takes within you to achieve whatever it is you want to achieve. -Keturah
- I have people in my life that don’t get what I’m doing. But that’s okay. Don’t try to fix it, just keep going. -Dana
- Give yourself permission to let your voice be heard. -Keturah
- Too many voices can steer you away from your own voice within. You need to hear your own voice the loudest. -Keturah
- My biggest challenge (since I work online) is being present with my kids. Fully present. -Keturah
- If I am doing something for me, it will trickle down to my kids. They benefit too. -Keturah
Connect with Keturah:
Visit Keturah's website Trapped To Transformed.
For Listeners in the London Area who want attend Keturah's seminar socials: They meet at 11.00 every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Details are on her meetup page.
Search for ‘Trapped to Transformed’ on www.meetup.com
Website / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
If you could really do anything? And I mean ANYTHING... what would you do? Let's dream a little today in the comments. Or reply to me at @DanaMalstaff on Instagram.